ExcelContacts is a cross-platform smartphone application currently available for iPhone and other smartphones. It’s the best way to transfer contacts to and from your smartphone! No other app lets you so easily control your smartphone's most valuable data:
1. Update, modify and maintain your contacts easily and conveniently on your computer using Excel, OpenOffice or any other Excel-compatible application.
2. ExcelContacts sends all of your contacts to you from your iPhone in a convenient zip file by email, USB, or through a webpage seen only on your local wifi network! Contact photos are sent, too!
3. Never again rely on iTunes as your only local source of back up. Nor do you need to share your contacts with Yahoo or other websites in order to have a backup. ExcelContacts' zip file contains ALL of your contacts in a convenient, easy format.
4. ExcelContacts protects you from iTunes sync accidents which can delete your contacts if, for example, you no longer have access to an Exchange server.
5. Restoring or changing contacts from the spreadsheet is as simple as uploading the file to your phone via USB, email or web. It couldn't be easier.
6. You can print a hardcopy of your iPhone contacts.
7. You can now export iPhone contacts to an Excel file which can then be imported to Outlook Contacts directly.
8. You can also import contacts from an Excel file that has been exported from Outlook to your iPhone.
9. You can now export/import iPhone contacts to/from a Gmail CSV-format file(UTF-8 encoded or Unicode encoded).
10. You can upload export files to Dropbox or download import files from Dropbox.
11. You can password protect your export file.
12. All Contact fields except Ringtones can be exported/imported.
13. You can organise your contacts into groups easily on a spreadsheet and also assign a contact to multiple groups.
14. You can remove all iPhone contacts or groups before importing your organized contacts.
15. ExcelContacts can support 30,000+ contact entries.
16. All column headers and labels in the Excel file are localized.
17. Export/Import contacts rapidly.
18. Export contacts to a VCF file(above iOS 5.0).
19. Backup contacts before import.
20. The lite version allow you to export or import first 150 entries, The full version has no limit.
21. Support for iPhone 5 4-inch Retina display.
22. Manage groups easily. You can now create, edit, delete groups and add contacts to groups.
ExcelContacts can export all iPhone contacts and photos to computer via Wi-Fi (like a HTTP server), You simply type an address(e.g. http://192.168.1.101:8080) into your computer web browser to
download the export file.
If your iPhone can connect to the internet through Wi-Fi or 3G, You can send the export file as an attachment to anybody via email.
If you export contacts via USB, the export file will be saved in the app’s File Sharing folder. you must connect your iPhone to your computer via USB cable, access the File Sharing pane (where you can save the export file from your iPhone onto your computer) in iTunes.
The export file is a zip file which contains an excel file ‘contacts.xls’ and a folder ‘images’. all contacts photos are saved in the folder ‘images’.
You also can upload export files to Dropbox. The export files are physically stored in /apps/ExcelContacts on Dropbox.
ExcelContacts can import all contacts and contacts photos back on your iPhone via Wi-Fi(like a HTTP server). You simply type an address(e.g. http://192.168.1.101:8080) into your computer web
browser to upload the import file.
If you import contacts via USB, you must connect your iPhone to your computer via USB cable, access the File Sharing pane (where you can transfer the import file from your computer to your iPhone) in iTunes.
You can import contacts from the file on Dropbox. Your import file should be uploaded to /apps/ExcelContacts on Dropbox.
You can use Excel 2003 / 2007 / 2010 or OpenOffice.org to edit your iPhone contacts. It's also easy to add contacts photos. After you copy the contact photo file to the folder ‘images’, you just need to enter the filename into a particular cell in Excel.
ExcelContacts can export/import the following formats Excel file:
ExcelContacts can export contacts to Google format CVS file. You can import this file to Gmail contacts directly.
ExcelContacts can password protect the export file , you can set the password on Settings page.
If you import a contact with the same name or e-mail address or mobile phonenumber that already exists in your iPhone contacts. You have two options to resolve duplicate contacts:
Here are two sample files(a zip file), each zip file contains an excel file 'contacts.xls' and a folder 'images'.
The following is the content of the first sample.
Street 1001 Parker St.
Street 1001 E
City Los Angele
You can download the zip file (see the link to download below).
The following is the content of the second sample(separate style).