xQuestions is an education application that allows you to create, share and take tests. You create your own multiple-choice or fill-in-the-blank questions on an Excel spreadsheet, then import to your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch and repeat the tests over and over again anywhere at your convenience, promoting understanding over rote memorization.
xQuestions is also a learning tool that can improve your memory and begin studying effectively. If you want to remember something (concepts, equations, problem-solving strategies,...), write down the questions and answers to help you remember them. Then you can use xQuestions to test yourself over and over again until you are sure you know them perfectly.
1. Create multiple-choice and fill-in-the-blank questions as many as you like on the spreadsheet.
2. Use Excel, OpenOffice or any other Excel-compatible application to edit your test paper on your computer.
3. Add text, image, audio or video to create your personalized questions.
4. Import your test paper to your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch via USB, email or WiFi.
5. Share your test papers via email, WiFi, Dropbox, Twitter, Facebook and Sina Weibo.
6. Randomize the order of questions.
7. Have two choices for completing the test: “Practice Mode” or “Test Mode”. In “Test Mode” you cannot clear out the track of your incorrect answers.
8. Re-test yourself on those questions you’ve missed.
9. Re-test yourself on those favorite questions.
10. Support landscape and rotation.
11. Support the iPhone/iPad/iPod perfectly fine.
Personalized test Papers
Produce everything you want to memory into exam questions to help you memory them anywhere anytime. You create your own multiple-choice or fill-in-the-blank questions on an Excel spreadsheet, then import to your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch and repeat the tests over and over again.
Add images into Questions
Create a column called "Image" in the spreadsheet, enter the filename of the image which you want to add into a certain question (eg: 1.jpg). Then compress the excel file and images into a zip file. After import, the images will be shown in the corresponding questions.
Add audios/videos into questions
Listening skill is a type of practice that we do in learning something, for example, learning a foreign language. If you want to add audios into certain questions, create a column called "Audio" in your excel spreadsheet and enter the filename of the audio. An audio player will be added into your question. The way of add videos is similar.
Test, test, and test agian
New Test: test yourself over and over again until you are sure you know them perfectly.
Favorites Test: mark certain questions as your favorites and often do.
Wrong Test: practice the errors once again.
Import your test papers
You can import test papers via USB/WiFi/Email.
USB: put your excel file into iTunes' File Sharing first and then choose USB to import.
WiFi: enter the address displayed by app in the brower on your computer. Then upload your excel file.
Email: Email the file to yourself as an attachment, and select xQuestions to open it on your iPhone/ipad/ipod.
Sharing your papers with others
First upload your papers to dropbox and you will get a download link. You can publish this link on Facebook / Twitter / SinaWeiBo.
You can download the zip file and import it directly.