Q1:How to access the export file in iTunes?
1. Connect your iphone to your computer via the Dock Connector USB cable.
2. Launch iTunes and go to the Apps tab for your iPhone. Scroll down to the File Sharing section at the bottom of the window.
3. From the left column of the File Sharing section, select ExcelContacts app.
4. From the right column, select the export file you want to transfer. Click the Save to… button. Alternatively, you can drag the desired document to any Finder location.
5. The last step is to wait. There will be a several second lag, as iTunes prepares to do the transfer. Finally, iTunes initiates a sync and the selected file is copied to your computer.
Q2:How to put the import file to File Sharing folder in iTunes?
1. Connect the iPhone to your computer and go to the File Sharing section in iTunes.
2. Click the Add… button, locate the file you want to transfer and click Choose.
To delete documents from iTunes’ File Sharing list, select the name of the document and hit the Delete key on your computer’s keyboard.
When done, you can disconnect the iPhone from the computer.
Q3:How to generate a zip file to import?
1.Make sure all contact information are stored in an excel file named 'contacts.xls'. make sure 'contacts.xls' is saved as 97-2003 workbook.
2.Make sure all contact photo files are stored in an folder named 'images'. the folder 'images' and the file 'contacts.xls' must be in the same folder.
3.Compress the file 'contacts.xls' and the folder 'images' to a zip file.
Q4:Can the app export all phone numbers to separate columns (mobile,workphone,homephone etc) instead of a combined column ‘phonenumbers’ ?
Yes, the app can. You should set the “Property Style” to “Separate property “ in exporting page (just click the green arrow icon) . And then export again.
Q5:If I have multiple mobile numbers or multiple work phone numbers, how can I label these in column headings?
The column headings should be "mobile1","mobile2","workphone1","workphone2" etc. You can also label multiple email addresses in column headings "emailaddress1","emailaddress2". label multiple instant message ids in column headings "instantmessageid1","instantmessageid2".
Q6: How to select Separate/ Mixed / Gmail / Outlook property style?
On the app's Exporting page, tap the green arrow, set the "Property Style" to "Mixed / Separate / Outlook / Gmail”. Then export your contacts.
Q7:How to assign multiple groups to a contact?
If you want to assign multiple groups to a contact, 3 ways for your choice.
1.Add groups in the "Groupname" cell. The format is:
Enter Alt-Enter to make a line break.
2. Add another columns named “Groupname”, and then enter group name in each cell. eg:
3. Use a mix of approach1 and approach2. eg:
Q8:Why does the app show the error message "This app does not have access to your contacts. You can enable access in Privacy Settings".
If app pops up this error message, please launch iPhone system's Setting app, find Privacy→Contacts, and turn on ExcelContacts to allow the app to access your contacts.
If you can't find ExcelContacts under Privacy Settings, please launch the system Setting app, click General→Restrictions, enter your password, find “Contacts” under Privacy, click into it and check if you have set it to “Don’t Allow Changes”. If so, please set it to “Allow Changes” and then re-install the app.