ExcelContacts Step-By-Step Guide
How to access File Sharing ?
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer via the Dock Connector USB cable.
2. Launch iTunes and go to the Apps tab for your iPhone. Scroll down to the File Sharing section at the bottom of the window.
3. From the left column of the File Sharing section, select ExcelContacts app.
4. If you want to import files, Click the Add… button, locate the file you want to transfer and click Choose.
5. If you want to export files, From the right column, select the export file you want to transfer. Click the Save to… button. Alternatively, you can drag the desired document to any Finder location.
How to format my excel spreadsheet for import ?
1. Arrange your contacts in the Excel file to be imported.
2. Make sure the column headings match the property names of the contacts
How to compress files for import ?
·If import contacts with images, put all your photos into the images folder. then compress the excel file and the images folder into a zip file.
·Make sure the excel file should be named ‘contacts.xls’. you can compress a folder which contains contacts.xls and the images folder, or compress the two files directly.
·Without any images, you can import the excel file directly.
What's the difference between mixed contact properties and separate contact properties.
1. If you have some contacts with multiple phone numbers, the app can store them into Excel cells in 2 ways.
2. Other properties of the contact also have a multi-line value. Such as addresses , email addresses, web site URLs, instant message IDs and associate Dates.
How to export Contacts spreadsheet with separated property style?
In the app's Exporting page, set the "Property Style" to "Separate Style". Then export your contacts.
How to send my contacts spreadsheet via Email ?
1. Select the WiFi option after the app generate the export file.
2. Tap the Email button.
How to import contacts via Email ?
1.Open your email which contain the import file.
2. Tap the attachment for 2-3 seconds. Then tap the Open In... button.
3. Select the ExcelContacts icon. Then ExcelContacts will be launched.