Step 1: Launch ExcelContacts app. In the app's Exporting page, set the "Property Style" to "Gmail Style". Then tap the start button.
Step 2: Export your contacts list on your iPhone. The export file will be a UTF-8 txt file. Don't try to edit it. See more about how to export contacts...
Step 3: Import contacts into Gmail by CSV.
1. Sign in to Gmail.
2. Click Contacts (located above the Compose Mail button) on any Gmail page.
3. From the More actions dropdown menu, select Import....
4. Click the Choose File button.
5. Select the file you get in step 2, upload it and click the Import button.
6. When it's done, Gmail will display the number of contacts imported.